When the chocolate cravings hit, this recipe is one of my favorites. Brownies without the guilt… yes please. When these brownies come out of the oven, that hot gooey chocolatey taste will make your heart & belly smile. You should never feel bad about eating dessert, which is why I love baking with a healthy spin.
This recipe is rich in antioxidants, fiber, omega 3’s, magnesium, and will put you mind in a happy place. Dark chocolate increases blood flow to the brain, produces stress fighting endorphins, & increases serotonin levels. Plus, we’ve all heard about those aphrodisiac benefits of chocolate… BUT, did you know avocados have them too? So, let’s just say this recipe will make you feel some kinda way!
These brownies are full of healthy ingredients like:
- Avocados – high in healthy fats & omega 3’s, fiber, & anti-inflammatory
- Dark Chocolate – antioxidant rich, burns fat, lowers risk of heart disesase
- Flax Powder – protein & fiber rich, lowers cholesterol, improves digestion
I’m a huge chocolate snob. I don’t like eating cheap processed chocolate, it taste like crap & makes me feel like crap. You can truly taste the difference when you eat all natural, high-quality dark chocolate.
One of my favorite chocolate bars is Lily’s. It has NO processed sugar (it’s sweetened with Stevia), is Non-GMO, gluten-free, vegan, and most importantly fair-trade. Plus Lily’s Sweets is committed to giving back. A portion of their earnings go to non-profits that support the fight against childhood cancer & other terminal illnesses. I love baking with it or enjoying a piece or two just because.
Fudgey Avocado Brownies Recipe:
quick, easy, gluten-free & vegan!
This brownie recipe requires zero mixing by hand. Just throw all the ingredients in a food processor, & after a couple minutes the batter is ready to be poured. These brownies come out super gooey, so I recommend letting them fully cool, then sticking them in the fridge to harden.
*Pro-Tip = double the recipe, and store the left-overs in the freezer for an easy go-to treat!
Fudgey Avocado Brownies
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 large avocados
- 2 tbsp flax powder
- 6 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 4 squares Lily's Chocolate
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 tbsp cacoa powder
- sliced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease 8 x 8 pan with coconut oil or coconut oil spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flax powder & water. Let the mixture sit for about 15 minutes until thickened.
- In a food processor, combine coconut flour, avocados, flax mixture, vanilla, coconut sugar, apple sauce, chocolate, baking soda & salt. Process on high until well combined, scrapping the sides as needed. Then add cacoa powder and process again for about 30 seconds or until well combined.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 20 minutes. Remove pan from oven & place sliced strawberries on top, pressing gently into brownie surface. Bake for another 10-15 minutes, until edges are hardened. The center might still be gooey, but letting them sit in the fridge after cooling will allow it to set.
- Once the brownies have fully cooled, place them in fridge to chill for about 1 hour & then slice into squares & enjoy!
Try this recipe?
Share with me on Instagram @emilysiero & tag me for a shout-out!