Golden Milk Latte flavors for breakfast in this turmeric oatmeal recipe. It’s perfect for a morning you want a warm & cozy meal that’s healthy and nourishing. Oatmeal is one of my favorite go-to breakfast foods. It’s simple, healthy & delicious, but I have to mix-up how I prepare it or else I get super bored.
This recipe features one of healthiest spices of all time… TURMERIC. Turmeric has become a popular superfood over the past few years & rightfully so! It contains curcumin, an active ingredient that’s anti-inflammatory & packed with antioxidants.
* TIP * – When using turmeric, make sure you combine it with black pepper, which increases your body’s ability to absorb the curcumin & reap all of its amazing benefits.
- Improves Skin
- Aids Digestion
- Lowers Blood Sugar
- Antioxidant Rich
This delicious oatmeal recipe is…
- Gluten Free & Vegan
- Antioxidant Rich
I enjoy this recipe year round, but it’s especially great during fall. The spices, and warmth will make you feel like a cozy sweater. I love topping it with raisins, pumpkin seeds, & shredded coconut. I prefer to sweeten it with coconut sugar, it adds a subtle sweetness, but maple syrup, or honey work great too!
Feel free to add some canned coconut milk for extra creaminess & a dose of healthy fat.
Try this recipe?
Share with me on Instagram @emilysiero for a shout-out!
I’d love to hear what you think ❤️
Golden Turmeric Oats
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 tbs ground flax powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- dash black pepper
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup raisins
Toppings – 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds & shredded coconut
- In a small pot bring water to boil, then add oats & reduce heat to medium-low.
- Stir in flax, turmeric, cinnamon, nutmeg, pepper, coconut sugar and raisins.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. *Cook longer for creamier texture*
- Top with pumpkin seeds, coconut & a dash of cinnamon.
- Enjoy alongside a chai latte or hot cup of coffee!
Moments like this, where I can sit back and enjoy my breakfast are always worth waking up early for!